- Conference Program
- SC15 Schedule
- Technical Program
- Birds-of-a-Feather Sessions (BOFs)
- Emerging Technologies
- Invited Talks
- Scientific Visualization Showcase
- Doctoral Showcase Program
- Early Career Program
- Technical Program Committee
- SC15 Diversity Committee Focused Events
- Best Paper and Poster Awards
- Test of Time Award
- ACM Gordon Bell Prize
- ACM/IEEE-CS George Michael Memorial HPC Fellowship
- ACM/IEEE-CS Ken Kennedy Award
- IEEE-CS Seymour Cray Computer Engineering Award
- IEEE-CS Sidney Fernbach Memorial Award
- Research with SCinet
- HPC Impact Showcase
- HPC Matters Plenary
- Keynote Address
- Support SC
- SC15 Archive
- HPC Matters
Submissions closed August 7, 2015
In the Emerging Technologies track of the Technical Program, SC15 will examine innovative solutions that may significantly change and extend the world of HPC in the next five to fifteen years. Consisting of panel sessions and competitively selected exhibits, Emerging Technologies will showcase technologies that are innovative but not yet available from industry as products. Technologies such as reconfigurable computing, new SoC designs, 3D memory technologies, non-volatile memory, alternative programming languages, and novel cooling techniques may offer medium-term benefits, while new device technologies such as carbon nanotubes, photonic interconnects, chip-level optical interconnects, quantum computing and next generation optical computers, offer potentially paradigm-changing benefits over the longer term.
The SC15 Emerging Technologies Committee will select these technologies from submissions, based on a peer-review process with a single round of reviews. Successful projects will advocate future technologies with the potential to influence computing and society as a whole. Winners will receive free exhibit floor space in a high visibility location; this location will allow attendees the opportunity to witness technology demonstrations, see presentations, and hold in-depth technical discussions.
Introducing SoC for HPC Theme:
The SC15 Emerging Technologies track invites submissions showcasing emerging System-on-a-Chip (SoC) technologies for HPC as an additional focus area. Topics of interest for this theme include innovative architectures, operating environments, programming systems, energy efficiency, use cases, applications, etc. Submissions that highlight relevance for HPC environments, systems and workloads would be of special interest.
Submission Format to the Emerging Technologies Track:
We invite submissions from industry, academia, and government researchers for this Emerging Technologies Exhibit Showcase. Submissions will be evaluated on several criteria including their novelty, and their potential impact on performance, productivity, power, reliability, and cost of HPC systems. Submissions with exceptional merit may be offered the opportunity to present at an Emerging Technology panel session. Each submission should describe the project scope in detail and provide references to external resources (newspaper articles, existing installations, webpages etc.). Additional materials, such as prototype photos are very welcome. Each project also needs to describe how much space it would require and how it would use the space provided (include any additional requirements such as A/V equipment or network connectivity).
Submissions are accepted at the submission website as single 2-page maximum PDF including all important elements such as references, photos of prototypes, a description of the project, references, etc.
Proposals must use the following structure:
- Description of the project (including references and importance to SC community).
- Space requirements (I.e., how much space, what kind of displays, posters, video walls, standing displays, size, photos, additional security requirements, and additional equipment requirement, e.g., network connections or displays)
- Staffing (Would the project be able to have somebody in the booth, perhaps part time?)
- Presentation (Would you be willing to give a talk in a theater or participate in a panel describing your project?)
- Miscellaneous (Everything that is important to add and does not fit in the categories above.)
Web Submissions Open: June 1, 2015
July 31, 2015 extended to August 7, 2015
Notification: September 14, 2015
SC15 Emerging Technologies Chair:
Sadaf R. Alam (Swiss National Supercomputing Centre)
SC15 Emerging Technologies Vice Chair:
Simon McIntosh-Smith (University of Bristol)